I'll preface this by saying that I've got friends in town again, and they'll be here until Saturday night... that being said, I didn't get a whole lot of playing done today, but I did pick up the guitar for a few minutes and run through the stuff J. and I are working on. Felt good to do that two days in a row. Nice to be back in the saddle with the music we've been recording. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do a little bit more tomorrow.
Finished up last night's project for the Start Experiment tonight. It feels awesome to have the drums laid down for this first song. It's amazing to me just how much more like music this progression sounds with a drum track behind it. Tonight's project is recording the bass line, which should go pretty smoothly, considering that it's already written... I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Granted, it took me about an hour to get the drums set up so the patterns were recorded in the right order. Even with notes, these things take a lot of time, I guess. Two things dawned on me today that need sharing: 1) I haven't done much listening at all this week, except for what has happened in the car. It's still Drive-By Truckers right now, but that needs to change tomorrow. and 2) There hasn't been a whole lot of work on the Buddy Holly tune in the last couple of days. That needs to change tomorrow and Saturday if I'm going to feel good abou...
Comments
Post a Comment