The company's gone now, so after work tonight, I sat down with the Strat and tried to get my fingers back in shape. Having played only sporadically in the last few days, it was nice to get back to the routine. I dragged out the tabs that came with one of my Guitar World DVDs (something to do with lead playing), and used that to get my fingers used to moving again. I also messed around (more in theory than in actual practice) with "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" by The Georgia Satellites, one of the tunes I wound up with in the music I got from my company. I always have loved that song.
Finished up last night's project for the Start Experiment tonight. It feels awesome to have the drums laid down for this first song. It's amazing to me just how much more like music this progression sounds with a drum track behind it. Tonight's project is recording the bass line, which should go pretty smoothly, considering that it's already written... I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Granted, it took me about an hour to get the drums set up so the patterns were recorded in the right order. Even with notes, these things take a lot of time, I guess. Two things dawned on me today that need sharing: 1) I haven't done much listening at all this week, except for what has happened in the car. It's still Drive-By Truckers right now, but that needs to change tomorrow. and 2) There hasn't been a whole lot of work on the Buddy Holly tune in the last couple of days. That needs to change tomorrow and Saturday if I'm going to feel good abou...
Comments
Post a Comment