Tonight was big. I started from the beginning of "Stairway," and went all the way through each section (without repeats for the verses at this point) INCLUDING the solo. I did it slowly, but I did it, and as an added bonus, the triplets at the very end (the upper register ones) finally clicked with me! It feels good to be making progress on this thing. Granted, it could have happened so much faster, but I'll take progress at any speed. I've still got to get the timing down right where the solo is concerned, but that'll just be a matter of sitting with both the guitar trainer AND the video lesson I have and just hammering it out. All in all, a pretty good day music-wise.
Finished up last night's project for the Start Experiment tonight. It feels awesome to have the drums laid down for this first song. It's amazing to me just how much more like music this progression sounds with a drum track behind it. Tonight's project is recording the bass line, which should go pretty smoothly, considering that it's already written... I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Granted, it took me about an hour to get the drums set up so the patterns were recorded in the right order. Even with notes, these things take a lot of time, I guess. Two things dawned on me today that need sharing: 1) I haven't done much listening at all this week, except for what has happened in the car. It's still Drive-By Truckers right now, but that needs to change tomorrow. and 2) There hasn't been a whole lot of work on the Buddy Holly tune in the last couple of days. That needs to change tomorrow and Saturday if I'm going to feel good abou...
Comments
Post a Comment