I can't even begin to express how tempting it was to start doing serious work on the "Stairway" solo tonight! I held off, though, thinking that a decent night's sleep and a day off from work will make that experience a better, more productive one. I did listen all the way through again, though, for the first time in a few weeks, and it dawns on me that the song seems to be slowing down in my head. This is good. Most of the sections are quite repetitive, and with the exception of the solo, should be easy to master once everything is sorted out in my head. Even the solo sounds slower. The triplets are going to be the roughest part, I think. Getting the speed and clarity right ought to be a wicked bit of fun. Still feeling good, and still making progress!
Finished up last night's project for the Start Experiment tonight. It feels awesome to have the drums laid down for this first song. It's amazing to me just how much more like music this progression sounds with a drum track behind it. Tonight's project is recording the bass line, which should go pretty smoothly, considering that it's already written... I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Granted, it took me about an hour to get the drums set up so the patterns were recorded in the right order. Even with notes, these things take a lot of time, I guess. Two things dawned on me today that need sharing: 1) I haven't done much listening at all this week, except for what has happened in the car. It's still Drive-By Truckers right now, but that needs to change tomorrow. and 2) There hasn't been a whole lot of work on the Buddy Holly tune in the last couple of days. That needs to change tomorrow and Saturday if I'm going to feel good abou...
Comments
Post a Comment