Cutting it a little bit close again today when it comes to getting a posting in before the cut-off. Go me. Today's musical endeavor was a big one. A customer had asked me a few weeks back to make up a soundtrack they were unable to locate. I was fairly confident that I had some of the music they were after, so I took on the project. It turned out that I had more of it than expected, but I still had to download quite a bit of music from itunes. The toughest song to find wound up being the title track from the movie, and let me tell you, finding an mp3 of that song took some serious work... (2 hours of digging through all of the legal channels available) but I did it, and in so doing was able to genuinely make someone's day/week/Christmas. All in all, it was quite the musical undertaking, and proved to me that I'm getting better at what I do for a living. If you want to be technical, it also proved to me that the lines between what I do for a living and what I do on my own time are blurring somewhat the longer I work where I do. Oh well, it was fun.
Finished up last night's project for the Start Experiment tonight. It feels awesome to have the drums laid down for this first song. It's amazing to me just how much more like music this progression sounds with a drum track behind it. Tonight's project is recording the bass line, which should go pretty smoothly, considering that it's already written... I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Granted, it took me about an hour to get the drums set up so the patterns were recorded in the right order. Even with notes, these things take a lot of time, I guess. Two things dawned on me today that need sharing: 1) I haven't done much listening at all this week, except for what has happened in the car. It's still Drive-By Truckers right now, but that needs to change tomorrow. and 2) There hasn't been a whole lot of work on the Buddy Holly tune in the last couple of days. That needs to change tomorrow and Saturday if I'm going to feel good abou...
Comments
Post a Comment