So, as I believe I've mentioned before, part of this whole process has to do with improving as a musician, and the other part of it involves being open to the experiences that result from my making a conscious effort to place my music at the forefront of my life, and just what happens. Today at work was one of the "see what happens" sort of days. I had a lady call the other day looking for karaoke music involving Marilyn Monroe. When nothing was available, she expressed her distress, and I resorted to telling her that I might be able to pull the vocals from the tracks she needed. So, finally today, she stopped in and dropped off the CD. Just another project to undertake because I pushed the music to the forefront! No word yet on whether or not I'll have any success.
Finished up last night's project for the Start Experiment tonight. It feels awesome to have the drums laid down for this first song. It's amazing to me just how much more like music this progression sounds with a drum track behind it. Tonight's project is recording the bass line, which should go pretty smoothly, considering that it's already written... I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Granted, it took me about an hour to get the drums set up so the patterns were recorded in the right order. Even with notes, these things take a lot of time, I guess. Two things dawned on me today that need sharing: 1) I haven't done much listening at all this week, except for what has happened in the car. It's still Drive-By Truckers right now, but that needs to change tomorrow. and 2) There hasn't been a whole lot of work on the Buddy Holly tune in the last couple of days. That needs to change tomorrow and Saturday if I'm going to feel good abou...
Comments
Post a Comment